Yearly journal of scientific article “Pravova derzhava”
Volume 34 (2023), 650-662 p.
Burlak Oksana. The Emergence of Social and Economic Rights as the New Era in the International Community’s Development: History and Contemporary
Introduction. The world economic crisis of 1900-1903, which was accompanied by a crisis in the social sphere and resulted in the emergence of protests among the working class, became one of the significant factors that led to the First World War of 1914-1918. Therefore, there was the keen necessity to form a new international law and order with social and economic components. The League of Nations’ creation ensured its establishment, and the social and economic cooperation of states was concentrated within the framework of the ILO, in order to resolve social conflicts, protect the rights of workers, improve working conditions and increase their living standards.
However, the continuation of the crisis was the next stage of the Second World War of 1939-1945 and taking into consideration the duration of this crisis in the XXI century the threat of a new world war in the nearest future cannot be excluded. The instability of international relations is the result of the destruction of the international law and order, which is replaced by protectionism in the form of regionalism.
Conclusions. Within the framework of international organizations, in particularthe UN, ILO, EU a set of anti-crisis measures is adopted in order to overcome the consequences of the global crisis. However, they are not sufficient, often improvisational ,and the urgency of crisis management requirements leads to non-optimal solutions.
Current legal order cannot be considered without the social and economic rights and activities of the ILO. The organization is designed, in particular, to ensure the establishment of universal peace based on social justice; develop and implement norms and principles in the field of labour; provide decent employment and social protection for all; develop international measures and programs for the implementation of human rights, improving working and living conditions; develop international labour standards etc.
The states’ efforts to overcome this crisis should cover all levels of cooperation between states in the social and economic sphere, the adoption of appropriate effective measures, and decisions that would be characterized not situationally, but by systematic preparation for various crisis situations, including more active application of forecasts and different scenario planning.
Key words: International Law, Social and Economic Rights, League of Nations,United Nations, International Labour Organization, World Economic Crisis, Anticrisis Measures in the Social Sphere.
1. Hlukhareva L. Y. Prava cheloveka v sovremennom myre (sotsyalno-fylosofskyeosnovû y hosudarstvenno-pravovoe rehulyrovanye). Moskva: Yuryst, 2003. S. 139.
2. Lediakh Y. A. Sotsyalnoe hosudarstvo y prava cheloveka (yz opûta zarubezhnûkh stran).Sotsyalnoe hosudarstvo y zashchyta prav cheloveka. Moskva, 1994. S. 22.
3. Savchenko A. M.,Bysaha Yu. M., Berch V. V., Nechyporuk H. Iu., Pifko O. O. Konstytutsiine pravo napryvatnu vlasnist v Ukraini ta krainakh Yevropeiskoho Soiuzu: porivnialno-pravovedoslidzhennia: monohrafi ia. Uzhhorod: TOV «RIK-U», 2021. S. 50.
4. Khrestomatiia zistorii derzhavy i prava zarubizhnykh krain: u 2 t. / za red. V. D. Honcharenko. Kyiv: InYure, 1998, T. 2. S. 290.
5. Reient O. Persha svitova viina i naslidky heopolitychnykh kataklizmiv pochatku KhKh st. dlia Ukrainy. Persha svitova viina y Ukraina (do100-richchia pochatku Velykoi viiny): tezy dopovidei Vseukrainskoi nauk. konf. z mizhnar.uchastiu. (Kyiv–Cherkasy, 25–26 veresnia 2014 r.) / vidp. red. V. A. Smolii. Kyiv: In-t istoriiUkrainy NANU, 2014. S. 3.
6. Vsemyrnaia ystoryia: v 24: Pervaia myrovaia voina / za red.:A. N. Badak, Y. E. Voinych, N. M. Volchek y dr. Mn.: Literatura, 1997. T. 19. S. 9–10.
7. Tam samo. S.31.
8. Reient O. Persha svitova viina i naslidky heopolitychnykh kataklizmiv pochatku KhKh st. dlia Ukrainy. Persha svitova viina y Ukraina (do 100-richchia pochatkuVelykoi viiny): tezy dopovidei Vseukrainskoi nauk. konf. z mizhnar. uchastiu. (Kyiv–Cherkasy, 25–26 veresnia 2014 r.) / vidp. red. V. A. Smolii. Kyiv: In-t istorii UkrainyNANU, 2014. S. 3.
9. Denysov V. N. Svitova viina ta mizhnarodne pravo. Do 100-richchiaPershoi svitovoi viiny 1914–1918 rr. Pravova derzhava. 2019. Vyp. 30. S. 380.
10. Econimicand Social Council. Special edition: progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals.2019 session, 26 July 2018–24 July 2019. E/2019/68. P. 3/51-6/51.
11. ILO Monitor on theworld of work. Tenth edition Multiple crises threaten the global labour market recovery, 31October 2022. URL: https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---dgreports/---dcomm/---publ/documents/briefi ngnote/wcms_859255.pdf
12. Whitworth, Kyle. Planning to Fail: The Eurozone, its Sovereign Debt Crisis, and the Future of the Union. 2018. Theses. Ð. 39. URL:https://irl.umsl.edu/thesis/334
13. European CommissionA comprehensive EU response to the financial crisis: a strong financial framework for Europe and a banking union for the eurozone. MEMO. Βrussels, 10 July 2013. URL: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/de/MEMO_13_679
14. Council Directive 2004/83/EC of 29 April 2004on minimum standards for the qualification and status of third country nationals or stateless persons as refugees or as persons who otherwise need international protection and the content of the protection granted URL: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2004:304:0012:0023:EN:PDF
15. Member States’ notifi cations of the temporary reintroduction of border control at internal borders pursuant to Article 25 and 28et seq. of the Schengen Borders Code. URL: https://home-aff airs.ec.europa.eu/policies/schengen-borders-and-visa/schengen-area/temporary-reintroduction-border-control_en