Yearly journal of scientific articles “Pravova derzhava”
Volume 34 (2023), 711-720 p.
Tarasyuk Volodymyr, Drobotun Dmytro. Media positioning of political elites in modern political process
The growth of the role and infl uence of political elites on the course of political processes is analyzed. Dependence on electronic media leads to large-scale consequences for the characteristics, organization, and goals of political processes, institutions, and political elites. The power of mass media networks, which act both asa means and as a result of globalization, enables them to overcome any boundaries and obstacles. Therefore, it is important to study the peculiarities of mass media positioning of political elites. It is shown how political globalization promotes the strengthening of interaction between elites, the emergence of a new quality of inter-elite contacts. The specificity of the mass media positioning of political elites in the present political process is manifested in the desire to strengthen the dominant position in society with the help of traditional and virtual mass media, in the transition to a new format of political and technological leadership using the possibilities of fast and high-quality feedback. It is shown that three types of elites are involved in the processes of political transformation: elites of transit, elites of transformation, and elites of consolidation. Inthe modern political space, a new, unique and still understudied phenomenon has appeared – informational network-cratic elites, which are able not only to control the activities of political elites, but also to infl uence intra-elite political rotations, createnew ideological images and guidelines. The importance of information and communication technologies as tools of influence of political elites on the formation of public consciousness and manipulation of public opinion is revealed.
Key words: political elites, political process, media, transformation, globalization,information systems, communication.
1. Ries A., Trout J. Posittioning The Battle for Your Mind. N.Y., McGrow-Hill, 1979;BottomUp Marketing, 1990; Bruce V. Images of Power. How The Imagemakers Shape OurLeaders. London, 1992.
2. Pareto V. Kompendyum po obshchei sotsyolohyy. Antolohyiamyrovoi polytycheskoi mûsly. Moskva, 1997. T. 2. S. 59-67; Moska H. Praviashchyi klass.Sotsys. 1994. ¹ 10. S.187-198; Mykhels R. Demokratyia y zheleznûi zakon olyharkhyy //Sotsyolohyia polytycheskoi partyy v uslovyiakh demokratyy. Dyaloh. 1991. ¹ 3. S. 42-46.
3. Ilonszki G., Edinger M. MPs in Post-Communist and Post-Soviet Nations: A ParliamentaryElite in the Making. The Journal of Legislative Studies. 2007. Vol. 13. N 1. P. 142–163.
4. Matonyte I. Elite studies and Communism: the Baltics between Moscow and East Central Europe // Baltic democracy at the crossroads / Berglund Sten, Duvold Kjetil (eds.). An Eliteperspective, Hoyskole Forlaget As. Kristiansand: Norwegian Academic Press, 2003.P. 23–36; Matonyte I. Elites in Soviet and post-Soviet societies. Paper presented at theFourth Nordic Conference on the Anthropology of Post-Socialism. April 2002. URL: http:// www.anthrobase.com/txt/M/Matonyte_I_01.htm).
5. Machuskyi V. Vitchyzniana naukapro natsionalni politychni elity ta politychne liderstvo. Politychna nauka v Ukraini. 1991-2016: U 2 t. T. 2. Kyiv: Parlamentske vyd-vo, 2016. S. 236-247.
6. Politychna elita v Ukraini: analiz mekhanizmiv vidtvorennia ta kilkisnykh parametriv fenomenu // KarmazinaM., Bevz T., Horbatiuk M., Zorych O. Rehionalni politychni elity v Ukraini: osoblyvosti formuvannia, tsinnosti ta identychnosti (kinets 1991-2019 rr.): monohrafi ia. Kyiv: IPiENDim. I.F. Kurasa NAN Ukrainy, 2020. S. 4-40.
7. Tam samo. S. 36-38.
8. Karmazina M. Elitav Ukraini: analiz suspilno-politychnoho ta naukovoho dyskursu // Rehionalni politychni elity v Ukraini: analiz literatury z problemy ta kharakterystyka empirychnoi bazy dlia vyvchennia fenomenu (kinets 1991-2018 rr.) /za red. M.S. Karmazinoi: monohrafiia. Kyiv:IPiEND im. I.F. Kurasa NAN Ukrainy, 2019. S. 33.