Yearly journal of scientific articles “Pravova derzhava”
Volume 34 (2023), 129-138 p.
Vasetsky Viacheslav. Changes in the legal sphere as a result of large historical Events
The paper presents the results of a study of the impact of large-scale historical events on significant changes in the legal field. Today, an event of such a scale is the war waged by the Russian Federation against Ukraine, which, after the undoubted defeat of the Russian Federation in many spheres, will have significant consequences, including in the legal sphere. The war in Ukraine has all the signs of an event of aglobal scale. Socio-political events in the turning points of history are at the same timethe source of development in the legal sphere. This trend can be observed at almost all historical stages, and therefore research in this direction is an urgent problem.
The purpose of the paper is to study the impact of significant events in certain turning points in Modern and Recent history that took place on the European continent, which were the origin of changes in the legal sphere and had a long-term eff ect. Sinceit is currently impossible to predict exactly what changes will occur after the defeat of the Russian Federation, which legal institutions and in what direction they will apply, what consequences such changes will lead to in interstate relations and within the country, the above consideration is limited only to some historical events, which can be considered as an example of the origins of significant changes in the legal sphere of a doctrinal nature.
The socio-political events in Europe in the XVII centuries, the results of the Thirty Years' War and the significance of the Peace of Westphalia in 1648 in terms of influencing the development of legal doctrine of New history is analyzed. Thirty Years 'War in Europe in the XVII century ended with the signing in 1648 at the same time in Münster and Osnabrück peace treaty, which was called the Peace of Westphalia in1648. It is emphasized that the Peace of Westphalia contains a number of provisions of a doctrinal nature. This treaty was the source of modern international law and had along-term impact on the development of relations between states.
Large-scale historical events of the late 18th - early 19th centuries in Europe are undoubtedly associated with France. This is the Great French Revolution of 1789-1794, this is also the period of the Napoleonic Wars, finally, this includes the Vienna Congress of 1814-1815, at which, after the defeat of Napoleonic France, the winners under the slogan of returning to the continent of peace and tranquility and the desire to restore monarchies redrawn the continental political map of Europe. The lawmaking activity of Napoleon is noted, on whose initiative and under his leadership alarge volume of codification works was carried out. Civil (1804), Commercial (1807), Criminal Procedure (1808) and Criminal (1810) codes were adopted. It is noted that French civil law and the principles implemented by it significantly influenced civil-lawrelations in Europe.
In modern history during the 20th century events took place, the result of which were changes aimed at preventing the horrors of the First and Second World Wars in the future. But the creation of the relevant institutions, organizations, legal framework and other factors was not enough to prevent the threat of a new world conflict, to guarantee danger not only for Ukraine, but also for the whole world.
In the light of the events in Ukraine, based on historical analogies, a conclusion is made about the expectation of significant changes in the legal sphere for future security in the world and in our country.
Key words: Aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine, origins of law,historical analogies, Peace of Westphalia, French Civil Code.
1. Moskva peredala SShA proekt dohovora o nerasshyrenyy NATO na vostok. Ukraynaupomynaetsia otdelno. BBC News. Russkaia sluzhba. 17.12.2021. URL: https://www.bbc.com/russian/news-59691037
2. Zaiava lideriv krain «Velykoi simky» (G7) stosovnosytuatsii v Ukraini. U.S. Embassy in Ukraine. 11.10.2022. Pereklad z anhliiskoi. URL:https://ua.usembassy.gov/uk/g7-statement-on-ukraine-11-october-2022
3. Konventsiia prozakhyst prav i svobod liudyny (ETS No.5) iz popravkamy, vnesenymy vidpovidno dopolozhen Protokolu ¹ 11. Zbirka dohovoriv Rady Yevropy. Ukrainska versiia. Kyiv: Parlamentske vydavnytstvo, 2000. 656 s.
4. Onishchenko N. M. Yurydychna vidpovidalnist derzhavy pered osoboiu / kol. avtoriv; za red. N. M. Onishchenko, O. V. Zaichuka. Kyiv:TOV «Vydavnytstvo» Iurydychna dumka», 2007. S. 118.
5. Parkhomenko N. M. Dzherelaprava: problemy teorii ta metodolohii: monohrafi ia. Kyiv: TOV «Vydavnytstvo «Iurydychnadumka», 2008. 336 s.
6. Savchuk K. O. Trydtsiatylitnia viina 1618–48. Yurydychna entsyklopediia: v 6-t. T. 6 / redkol.: Yu. S. Shemshuchenko ta in. Kyiv: Ukr. entsykl, 2004.S. 135–136.
7. Trydtsiatylitnia viina. Naslidky. URL: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trydtsiatylitnia viina#
8. Dmytriiev A. I. Vestfalskyi myr 1648 roku i suchasne mizhnarodnepravo: monohrafiia / Instytut derzhavy i prava im. V. M. Koretskoho NAN Ukrainy,Kyivskyi universytet prava. Kyiv, 2001. S. 260– 261.
9. Vasetskyi V.Iu. Vplyv sotsialno politychnykh podii v Yevropi XVI–XVII st. na rozvytok pravovoi doktryny Novoho chasu. Almanakh prava. Tlumachennia prava: vid teorii do praktyky. Vyp. 12. Kyiv: In-t derzhavyi prava im. V. M. Koretskoho NAN Ukrainy, 2021. S. 136–141.
10. Dmytriiev A. Vestfalskyi S. 21–25.
11. Denysov V. H. Vestfalskyi myr 1648. Yurydychna entsyklopediia: v 6-t. T. 1 /redkol.: Yu. S. Shemshuchenko ta in. Kyiv: Ukr. entsykl, 1998. C. 349–351.
12. Mustafi n O. Spravzhnia istoriia piznoho novoho chasu. Kharkiv: Folio, 2017. S. 80–81.
13. HorbatenkoV. P. Velyka Frantsuzka Revoliutsiia. Yurydychna entsyklopediia: v 6-t. T. 1. / redkol.:Yu. S. Shemshuchenko ta in. Kyiv: Ukr. entsykl, 1998. S. 321–323.
14. Myronenko O. M. Deklaratsiia prav liudyny i hromadianyna 1789. Yurydychna entsyklopediia: v 6-t. T. 2. /redkol.: Yu. S. Shemshuchenko ta in. Kyiv: Ukr. entsykl, 1998. S. 31–32.
15. Tarle E. V. Napoleon. Rostov-na-Donu: Fenyks, 1996. 512 s.
16. Dovhert A. S., ZakhvataievV. M. Tsyvilnyi kodeks Frantsii. Yurydychna entsyklopediia: v 6-t. T. 6. / redkol.:Yu. S. Shemshuchenko ta in. Kyiv: Ukr. entsykl, 2004. S. 369–371.
17. Tsyvilnyi kodeksFrantsii. Vikipediia. URL: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsyvilnyi_kodeks_Frantsii.
18. Syrko M. V. Tsyvilnyi kodeks Frantsii 1804 roku ta yoho vplyv na tsyvilne zakonodavstvo krain Yevropy (na prykladi Polshchi ta Rumunii): dys. ... kand. yuryd. nauk:12.00.01. Lviv. nats. un-t im. Ivana Franka. Lviv, 2015. S. 170–171.
19. Zahalna deklaratsiia prav liudyny. Kyiv: Pravo, 1995. 12 s.
20. Onishchuk M. Problemy zabezpechennia pravliudyny v Ukraini: vid Zahalnoi deklaratsii prav liudyny do sohodennia. Pravo Ukrainy.2009. ¹ 4. S. 29–35.
21. Putin dav dobro na vykhid Rosii z dohovoriv Rady Yevropy.Yevropeiska pravda. 17 sichnia 2023.