Yearly journal of scientific articles “Pravova derzhava”
Volume 34 (2023), 47-57 p.
Yushchyk Oleksii. The concept of a state as a condition for juridical law
The article notes the tradition of considering the concept of the state in the general theory of the state and law without taking into account the concept of law and without sufficiently defining the nature of their relationship, as a result of which the development of the theory of law and the theory of the state is inhibited.
It is noted that the domestic legal science has embarked on the path of a false paradigm. Also noted that domestic legal science has embarked on the path of a false paradigm of overcoming the normativistic approach and the Soviet understanding of law, focusing on the Western European scientific tradition, while moving away from the dialectical-materialistic methodology of knowledge of law and the state.
The scientific paradigm in Ukraine is moving in the direction of including other elements (legal principles, legal awareness, etc.) in the content of law in addition to legal norms.
However, domestic legal opinion states that there was no "scientific revolution" in legal science in Ukraine on this path.
In the Central European legal doctrine within the framework of the philosophy of law, law is studied without its "tying" to a specific state-organized society at a certain stage of historical development, law acts as an "idea of law" (law in general).
Attention is drawn to the ignoring by domestic theorists of a new paradigm in the development of the understanding of law, which positions itself as a dialectical theory of law, which has revolutionary significance for clarifying the concepts of law and the state and the nature of their relationship.
The fundamental scientific novelty of this theory is presented, the author's definitions of the concepts of law and the state are provided, and their necessary relationship is revealed.
It is claimed that a "scientific revolution" takes place when an established scientific paradigm changes depending on a fundamental change in the methodology of formingthe basic concept of a scientific theory, which leads to significant changes in its definitions.
Due to the dialectical-materialist methodology, the dialectical theory of law, unlike all existing theories, defines the generic concept of law and its types: primitive customary law, juridical law, and humanistic law. The state is organically connected toonly one type of law, namely, juridical law.
Key words: legal doctrine, scientific paradigm, dialectical theory of law, state,state functions, juridical law.
1. Pravova doktryna Ukrainy: u 5 t. Kharkiv: Pravo, 2013. T. 1: Zahalnoteoretychna ta istorychna yurysprudentsiia / V. Ya. Tatsii, O. D. Sviatotskyi, S. I. Maksymov ta in.; za zah.red. O. V. Petryshyna. 976 s. S. 309–322.
2. Tam samo. S. 322–328.
3. Velyka ukrainskay urydychna entsyklopediia: u 20 t. Kharkiv: Pravo, 2016. T. 3: Zahalna teoriia prava /redkol.: O. V. Petryshyn (holova) ta in.; Nats. akad. prav. nauk Ukrainy; In-t derzhavy iprava im. V. M. Koretskoho NAN Ukrainy; Nats. yuryd. un-t imeni Yaroslava Mudroho.2017. 952 s. S. 441–447.
4. Tam samo. S. 89–92 (avt. statti O. Petryshyn).
5. Ol P. A.Pravoponymanye: ot pliuralyzma k dvuedynstvu: monohrafyia. S.-Peterburh: YzdatelstvoR. Aslanova «Iurydycheskyi tsentr Press», 2005. 243 s.
6. Yushchyk O. I. Pravova reforma yak sposib peretvorennia (reorhanizatsii) instytutiv derzhavy: avtoref. dys. … kand. yuryd.nauk. Kyiv, 1996; Yushchyk O. I. Pravova reforma: zahalne poniattia, problemy zdiisnenniav Ukraini. Kyiv, 1997. 192 s.
7. Yushchyk O. I. Teoretychni osnovy zakonodavchoho protsesu: monohrafiia. Kyiv: Parlamentske vyd-vo, 2004. 519 s.
8. Yushchyk A. Y.Dyalektyka prava. Kyev: Red. zhurn. «Pravo Ukraynû»; In Yure, 2013. Kn. 1: Obshcheeuchenye o prave (Krytycheskyi analyz obshchepravovûkh poniatyi). Ch. I. 2013. 456 s.; Ch.II. 2013. 768 s.; Kn. 2: Pervobûtnoe pravo (Ocherk teoryy proyskhozhdenyia prava). Kyiv:Parlam. vyd-vo, 2021. 864 s.
9. Yushchyk A. Y. Dyalektyka prava. Kn. 1: Obshchee uchenyeo prave…, Ch. II. S. 632.
10. Kun T. Struktura nauchnûkh revoliutsyi / per. s anhl.Y. Z. Naletova. Moskva: AST: AST Moskva, 2009. 317 s.
11. Petrov V. S. Sushchnost, soderzhanye y forma hosudarstva. Lenynhrad: Nauka, Lenynhr. otd., 1971. 164 s. S. 22–44.
12. Yushchyk O. I. Pravova reforma: zahalne poniattia, problemy zdiisnennia v Ukraini. S. 19–23.